Brave New World: Roll or pick what strange type of planet you’ve landed on. If you end up going to another planet, come back and roll or pick again.
- a world left abandoned due to an accident, plague, or other mysterious disaster
- a strangely undiscovered planetoid, not on any maps, perhaps cloaked, obscured, or kept secret
- a cluster of rocks, asteroids, space debris, wreckage, strewn all about in a planet-sized area
- a comet, meteor, rogue moon, or other thing drifting or hurtling through space
- a gaseous or liquid planet, with some more solid elements for landing ships on
- a binary pairs of worlds, orbiting each other, each markedly different
Hostile Terrain: Roll or pick the terrain at your initial landing site. When you enter a new area, feel free to roll or pick another type of terrain, either replacing your original type or intermixing with it.
- caverns (natural or alien/horror/human-made)
- facility (military, research, industrial, science)
- ruins (temples, tombs, monuments, lost cities)
- vessel (ship, space station, in space, landed, or crashed, inhabited or apparently empty)
- landscape (jungle, desert, fungal forest, underwater, lava tubes, icy crags, utter darkness)
- urban (make-shift colony, factory complex, megacorp spacescraper, the sprawl)
Initial Clues: Roll or pick any number of initial clues about your mission that you stumble upon in your landing site. When you acquire additional clues, come back and roll or pick from these.
- traces of someone or something you’re looking for, whether it’s a person, object, enemy, way off the planet, etc.
- signs of the deep horrors and their origin (what got broken, how it got broke, who’s responsible)
- a distress signal or cry for help
- something from your own past, triggering memories which you may or may not fully understand
- hints at a larger mystery (what’s this doing here? what was being done here? how was this accomplished? who did this?)
- you are sent (or your ship or suit automatically displays) secrets orders or additional information from a higher authority